Vintage Austin: Camp Mabry
This 1916 Vintage Austin photo includes Building 41, the State Arsenal, at Camp Mabry. The building is still there, but looks a bit different because in 1975, a third of the building on the east side was removed to make way for the construction of Mopac. Before this building was completed in 1915, the Texas National Guard stored its ammo in the basement of the Capitol.
Photo Credit: Austin History Center, C00741