Vintage Austin: Avenue B Grocery
The Avenue B Grocery is seen here in 1975, but the modest grocery has been there much, much longer. Located in Hyde Park, the grocery opened in 1909, making it Austin's oldest continuously operated grocery store. Well, until 2020 came along. They've been 'temporarily' closed for quite some time now.
Photo Credit: Austin History Center, PICA28677
Ross (who bought it in the 80s) made the best sandwiches.
Post a Comment