In this Vintage Austin photo is the 1876 Travis County Courthouse, then located on the southwest corner of 11th and Congress. By 1931, the unwanted occupants of the building (rats, pigeons, etc.) forced the county offices to relocate. Once remodeled, the building became home to State agencies and was renamed the Walton Building. It remained this way until 1964 when it was demolished.